Thursday, August 24, 2006

itsy bitsy spiders

They come out at night only and they are so not itsy bitsy..pictures to come,
to prove that when I say they are THIS BIG,they really are HUGE!

I do believe the gallery website will be done by this weekend and launched next week.There was much talk about whether or not I would take a partner in the gallery. Part of me is thinking it would be nice,it would make things easier when it came to decision making and all around getting things done quicker..the whole two heads are better then one.But then there is the whole nervousness about finding someone who has the same vision the same ideas and then there are all the horror stories of business partners who fall out.So for now it's just little old me doing it all alone.Unless some one comes along and "gets it" the way I do.Then we'll talk...maybe someday,would be nice huh? Less scary maybe, Does anyone have any advice or stories?

Watching: My Summer of Love
Reading: A Cold Case (it's true story,a friend is making it into movie)
Listening: The Beach Boys,Pet Sounds, a brilliant classic.

Dug out the Super 8 movie camera tonight.Gonna make *real home movies* of the kid.
discovered inside a cartridge of my second date with my partner from 9 years ago.Imagine that,proof we went on more then one date.He took me around
Buckingham Palace Gardens.We have it on Super 8 sound film, how cool is that. We dont even have pictures of our "wedding",of course that is because we got married on our lunchbreak in downtown OC.I tried to get a free meal from the local Red Robbin afterwards.Thinking they always give free meals or drinks to birthday people,why not people who just got married.I even showed the waitress my marriage reciept..it says on it,
Marriage $99.00 plus the tax..she still didnt believe us.Also on the bottom of the reciept it says Good luck! ha ha ha ha

3 comments:

Angela Wales Rockett said...

There are a couple of books that you might want to read. One is Fine Art Publicity by Susan Abbott and another is Living the Artist's Life by Paul Dorrell. Abbott's book is very professional and full of very useful information that will help you get the word out about your gallery. Dorrell's book is told from a more personal viewpoint as he shares his struggles and triumphs as a gallery owner.

lisa solomon said...

oh! super 8 movies! yay!

um... i totally agree w/ your partner philosophy. it's REALLY hard to find a good match [speaking from one bad experience here]. if you do... take it slow... make sure it's right before you jump in w/both feet....

looking forward to the website!

Squaresville said...

"My Summer of Love" is a good movie.